2015 International Choanoflagellate Workshop
Learn about the most recent choanoflagellate research and techniques at the 2015 International Choanoflagellate Workshop.
Correspond with the choanoflagellate research community by subscribing to [choano-listserv] at groups.google.com.
Visit the ChoanoWiki for protocols, images, movies and other information about Choanoflagellates. It is a collaborative resource maintained by the Choanoflagellate research community.
What are choanoflagellates?
- Bacterial scaffolds from the M. brevicollis genome project (presumably from the feeder bacterium Flavobacterium sp.)
We are in the process of making our published cDNA libraries available here: http://www.addgene.org/Nicole_King
Getting started with choanoflagellates
Look here for links to formatted protocols published in the CSHLProtocols volumes on Emerging Model Organisms: CSHL
Order strains from the Protozoa and Algae division of ATCC.org:
- Monosiga brevicollis (ATCC 50154)
- Monosiga brevicollis MX1, the strain sequenced for the genome project (ATCC PRA-258)
- Monosiga ovata (ATCC 50635)
- Salpingoeca rosetta (formerly known as Proterospongia sp. — ATCC 50818)
- Salpingoeca rosetta Px1, the strain sequenced for the genome project (ATCC PRA-366)
Prepare culture media using this protocol.
Start your cultures using this protocol.
Maintain/passage your cultures using this protocol.
Freeze down your cultures using this protocol.