We invite applications from talented and motivated postdoctoral candidates with relevant experience in diverse fields, including: genetics/genomics, genome editing, host-microbe interactions, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, microbial ecology, computational biology, evolution, protistology, etc. The strongest candidates are those with a track record of independence and creativity, high-quality publications, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm for basic research, and a collegial/collaborative approach to science.
In addition to our ongoing focus on basic research, we are specifically seeking a post-doc to spearhead the development of gene delivery and genome editing techniques in choanoflagellates. If you are interested in this type of position, please indicate let us know in your cover letter.
To apply for for a post-doctoral position, please submit the following materials as a single .pdf to lab manager Heather Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Cover letter that describes the following:
- your prior research accomplishments and interests
- future research and career interests
- your reasons for being interested in joining the King lab
- your expected timeline for finishing your Ph.D.
- your desired start date as a post-doc
2) Curriculum vitae (including list of publications)
3) All significant publications (and pre-prints) as .pdf files
4) The names and contact information (email and phone numbers) of at least three references